HISTORY
Our story began in the 1940s years when Domenico Fortuzzi, Italcementi technician, moved with his family from Bologna to Monopoli for the construction of the new cement plant, preferring an Italian destination to the African one of Dire Dawa. In 1953, his experience and technical expertise were once again requested, this time in Galatina, where Fedelcementi Spa would be opened in 1956.
In 1964, the entrepreneurial project of Domenico Fortuzzi to open his own company finally took shape when, together with his son Alberto and son-in-law Espedito Bellantuono, they established Metalmeccanica Salento Srl based in Galatina. The newly formed cement works could thus rely on an equipped mechanical sector nearby, with a supply of mechanics, turners, metalworkers and welders, and professionals hitherto absent in a territory such as the Salento which was more agricultural than industrial.
At the end of 1987, the important technical and human legacy of Metalmeccanica Salentina became Nuova Metalmeccanica Srl. The new company started its activity in January 1988 with the design, construction, installation and maintenance of the machines and systems of the nearby cement factories of Galatina (which later became Colacem Spa) and Cementir Spa of Taranto. The company soon spread all over the country and also abroad, participating in the construction and commissioning of new plants in Tunisia and in the Dominican Republic.
 

Today, through the technical skills acquired and a revitalisation plan which aims to add new, high-tech products and services to the traditional operation, the company of the Bellantuono, Fortuzzi and Valente families will embrace and overcome the new challenges of the market. In addition to working again for cement industries in this historic location in the industrial area of Galatina-Soleto in the province of Lecce, in the heart of Salento, we design and produce special industrial machines, TBM backup systems, systems and machinery for the handling, treatment and storage of inert materials, and systems and machinery for the treatment of solid, reusable waste CSS.

 

 

With the MARINE DIVISION and its dedicated brands, the company has expanded its operations again with the design, construction, installation and maintenance of ports, marinas, complete mooring systems, equipment for water sports and tourism.

The company is engaged in an ongoing programme of technological renewal and professional development of its human resources. Competence and timeliness are our strengths. Always being ready to intervene on installations continues to be our primary and basic commitment.